School Accommodation on the banks of the Rhine
This residential centre is located in the Jardin des Deux Rives, where former military installations and border checkpoints have been transformed into a large park to symbolise modern day French-German friendship. The Jardin was chosen as the venue for a NATO summit in 2009 and regularly hosts festivals of arts and culture as well as recreational events.
These pleasant surroundings are just 4.5 kilometres from the historic centre of Strasbourg, the Grand Ile, and closer again to the European institutions. The Jardin is served directly by two bus routes and about 20-30 minutes on foot from two of Strasbourg’s excellent Tram lines.
Groups staying here can take the short walk or cycle across the Passerelle bridge over the River Rhine to the small German town of Kehl, with it’s market square, attractive churches, shops and cafes. So a school trip to France can easily include a little taste of Germany!
Opened in 1986, this auberge is perfectly adapted to welcoming groups of young visitors, surrounded by parkland and offering excellent facilities all within securely fenced grounds.
* 268 beds in rooms of 3 to 6 beds each
* All bedrooms include en-suite shower and WC
* Large Dining Room split into three separate areas
* 3 meeting rooms for 20 or 30 persons
* Games Room with pool table and table-tennis
* TV room, Bar and vending machines
* Outside games area and Barbecue facilities with terrace
* Internet access