4-Day/3-Night Trip – ‘Best of Normandy’ from £389 per pupil
France’s Normandy region offers a fantastic range of activities for school groups of any age. Cities, countryside and seaside blend beautifully to serve up a tantalizing slice of French life… all in the land once home to our invader-King, William the Conqueror!
There is so much to do on a school trip to Normandy that it is difficult to choose a ‘best of’. This three-night tour brings you a few highlights, including William the Conqueror’s legacy, historic towns and cities, regional produce and markets, as well as the famous WW2 sites and D-Day Beaches.
Travel by Executive Coach and Eurotunnel or Ferry to France. Your journey to Normandy will break at Boulogne where you will visit a Chocolate factory. After discovering the art of the Chocolatier, you will continue on the motorway to arrive at your Normandy residential centre to check-in in time for dinner.
After breakfast you will board your coach with a packed meal for a full day excursion. Your first stop will be the city of Caen, the capital of Upper Normandy, where William the Conqueror built his stronghold castle in 1060. After buying a few souvenirs at the city’s morning market, you will visit the Caen Peace Memorial Museum, the region’s foremost attraction exploring the impact of war and well worth a visit.
The afternoon will be spent discovering Normandy’s famous D-Day Landing Beaches of World War 2. There are tanks, batteries, cemeteries and memorials scattered all over the area which can be visited free of charge. Additionally on this tour, entrance is included to the 360° Circular Cinema perched on the cliff above the Mulberry Harbour at Arromanches and the Pegasus Memorial.
After breakfast, your coach will take you to take the town trail in historic Bayeux and see the renowned Tapestry in its full glory. Embroidered just eleven years after William the Conqueror’s famous victory, the 230 foot linen cloth depicts the Battle of Hastings of 1066. The Centre Guillaume-le-Conquérant enhances the experience with exhibitions, models and films.
For the afternoon you will continue on to Falaise Castle – birthplace of William the Conqueror – before returning to your centre in time for dinner.
After breakfast, you will board your coach (with a packed lunch) for the journey home. On your way back to Calais, you will make a stop at a family-run Biscuit Factory. Here you will be shown all aspects of ‘cookie–craft’ and have the chance to make pizza dough. If time allows, we can schedule a brief shopping trip at a French Hypermarket on route before you head back across the Channel to arrive back at school later in the evening.
£389 per pupil based upon 44 pupils travelling with 5 Teachers free of charge**.
The price quoted for the fully-inclusive programme above includes:
* Outward and return coach/ferry/Eurotunnel transfers between your school and your destination in Normandy
* Three nights full board (from dinner on day 1 to packed lunch on day 4) accommodation at our Houlgate centre on the Côte Fleurie
* All meals – breakfast, packed lunch and dinner
* Entrance fees as per agreed itinerary * Tenpin Bowling is offered at a supplement
* Help with provision of Risk Assessments
* Tour planning guidance
* Comprehensive Leaders’ Information Packs for travel
* 24/7 Emergency support contact throughout your visit
* Fully Protected Travel Arrangements – Travel Regulation Insolvency Protection Insurance provided by Towergate. For more details please click here.
* Alternative activities available. Some premium attractions will attract an additional charge. Additional optional evening activities are offered at a supplement.
** Extra Teachers travel at the Pupils’ rate
Please note the programme and quote price may vary due to coach driving hours regulations and the type and timing of the Channel Crossing